Wednesday, February 1, 2017

NO NEW TAXES FORT WAYNE 1 of 2

X
X
X
SHAMELESS PLAGIARISM
source cited/ attributed
X
sort of looks like josef goebbels Nazi propagandist doesnt he?
X
https://www.facebook.com/GinaMBurgess/posts/10211689645781498
x

SPECIAL THANKS TO CITY COUNCILMAN JOHN CRAWFORD: Dr. Crawford and I are seldom on the same side of local legislative matters. Matter of fact, with the exception of a few tax abatements, I believe the last time John Crawford and I agreed on something was the failed North IV Annexation matter. I reached out last evening to Councilman Crawford to RSVP for tonight's meeting. While it was initially unclear whether or not my RSVP had been received and acknowledged, I was pleasantly surprised by the timely responses of Dr. Crawford and Meghan Flohr, the City Council assistant. While I don't normally share communication between myself and a single elected official, unless its the Mayor or other single-tier executive, I thought Councilman Crawford's responsiveness as it pertains to tonight's meeting should be acknowledged. As such, here is the email I sent to Councilman Crawford:
Dear John:
Thank you for your series of responsive emails this morning. I was pleasantly surprised to get a response from you. Since August 6, 2013, I have sent you, as a member of Fort Wayne City Council, over 30 emails regarding a variety of topics including issues of homelessness, water fluoridation and most importantly taxing and fiscal policies. This is the first time you’ve responded. Please know that I am grateful that you are reciprocating communications.
Thank you for the updated information that RSVPs are not required, but instead are being requested. Yes, I am aware that this is not an “official” government meeting. Regretfully, in my personal opinion, I believe that promoting this event as a “Fifth Council” meeting was not appropriate and may prove detrimental later.
Thank you for sharing information about the meeting being recorded. It is unfortunate that it will not be live-streamed. But I am grateful that it is going to be recorded and made available to the public by way of broadcasting on Thursday at 6pm on City TV as well as being published athttps://afw.viebit.com.
Thank you also for providing information regarding the County Tax Council. I am aware of how the County Tax Council works. Another member of Fort Wayne City Council gave me an updated primer last summer and another member of City Council reached out to me last evening on the same topic. Ironically, my original tutor on that topic was Roy Buskirk in 2013, which was the last time the County Tax Council met. (Democrats don’t provide a lot of educational opportunities on taxing and fiscal matters.) In your “Fort Report” interview, I believe you may have thought you were clarifying the purpose of the tax council and/or how it works, but your message was lost. Please understand that I am not stating that as a criticism, but rather as an opportunity for message improvement. I watched your interview by myself and then later with others (mostly people outside of local politics)---to gauge their reactions. The tax council section needs some work.
I appreciate your wanting to educate the public on local taxes, but ---and please do not take this as a criticism – people don’t necessarily want to be educated on local taxes. They want the taxes to stop. They want the wasteful spending masquerading as economic development to stop. They want riverfront and downtown development spending to stop. I know riverfront is a pet project of yours. As such, I know that you likely doubt what I am saying. And that’s ok. It would be a normal reaction.
But if you put the riverfront project to a vote---a referendum---I don’t think it would pass. But, I could be wrong. Which is why I’ve been suggesting that this project (and other incredibly expensive spending projects) be put up for a referendum. Let’s see how the people being taxed want their tax dollars used. Alas, that is a topic for another day.
Again, I wanted to thank you for being responsive. Normally, all emails and other forms of communication I receive, I keep and maintain confidentially. All current emails (as well as any future communication) that you have sent to me will be treated that way. However, in this one exception, I will be making this email---mine thanking you---available online. I was contacted by several folks who told me that you/your office were not confirming the RSVPs sent. That has not been my experience this time. I prefer to give credit where credit is due-- both positive and non-positive---but most especially when it’s positive. I believe a City Councilman communicating with a constituent in a respectful manner deserves acknowledgement and credit. For that reason, I will be posting this email from me to you.
Hoping you have a good turn-out tonight and thank you for making yourself available after the meeting for those with questions not otherwise addressed within the meeting’s parameters. I am sure everyone will appreciate your time, efforts and availability.
Sincerely,
Gina Burgess
x
x

x
x

No comments:

Post a Comment