Friday, November 25, 2016

Ahmed Abdelmageed Muslim, American DIDNT VOTE FOR ME

x
x
x
I'm thinking its a safe bet that
Ahmed Abdelmageed, an immigrant, Muslim, American, husband and father in Trump’s America
x
didnt vote for me.
x
he already has blocked me from hist Fb feed; i cant comment only share- so much for any constructive dialogue.
x
like dude- our nations and our empires and our cultures are at war with each other overseas; and YOUR side is bringing that war to OUR Soil.
It started with BIN LADEN AND 9-11; BUT THIS HAS BEEN BOILING FOR A LONG LONG TIME.i WONT SAY SINCE THE MEDIEVAL CRUSADES; BUT  A LONG TIME
x
x

Letter to the editor: I voted for you; will you meet challenges?

Friday, November 18, 2016 4:27 PM
Dear Congressman Jim Banks,
Congratulations on your well-deserved election to Congress. I want you to know that I voted for you. That I looked at who you are and who you are trying to become and voted for you. That I believed the conversations we had, while you were campaigning, when you said that we are all Hoosiers and that you will represent us all the same regardless of what faith we ascribe to or where we hail from.
In your victory announcement you said that your campaign “focused on a positive, solution-oriented agenda to address the challenges our country faces.” Now that you are elected, I ask you, will you address my challenges?
Will you help my wife feel safe again? Heather, whom you’ve met, was born and raised here. Yet for the very first time in her life she feels unsafe in her own country. Will you consider her challenge and the challenge of many women and men who bravely and proudly show a faith that is different than the professed faith of our president?
Will you address her challenge in Donald Trump’s America?
What about my daughter and two sons, who are the same age as your three daughters? Will you address the challenges to their childhood? What about the children of my black, Sudanese, Chadian, Mexican, Bosnian, Burmese and Arab friends? Will you uphold the trust their parents put in you by voting for you?
Will you address their challenge in Trump’s America?
What about me? A person you shook hands with, looked straight in the eye and promised a change. Will you address my challenge when I come back from visiting my family in the Mideast in January? What if I tell you that on the same trip I plan on going to Mecca to perform a mini pilgrimage, will you address my challenge at the borders in Trump’s America?
Will you address my challenge and the challenge of many immigrants who chose to make America home, who toil day in and day out to keep it great, who appreciate, respect and uphold the values that make it the sanctuary they chose, will you address our challenges in Trump’s America?
I ask because I put my trust in you by giving you my vote. I ask because I need to know that the person I chose to represent me will address my challenges with the same commitment and fervor he would give to any other challenge.
I will pray for your success as you face the many challenges ahead.
Sincerely,
Ahmed Abdelmageed, an immigrant, Muslim, American, husband and father in Trump’s America
x
x

No comments:

Post a Comment